Errors with the installer?
If you are having an issue with the installation of the game, be sure to right click the setup file and select “Run as administrator”.
Your virus program may block the installer from running, please add the installer to the virus program’s exclusion list.
If SmartScreen blocks the installer from running, please turn it off by selecting “More info” and then “Run anyway”.
Can't start the game?
Make sure you have read the system requirements on FAQ first.
If you are having an issue with starting the game, be sure that you have installed Visual C++ Redistributable and DirectX.
These files should have been installed if it was necessary from the installer, but if they were not, please install them.
Your virus program may block the game from running, please add the game to the virus program’s exclusion list.
If SmartScreen blocks the game from running, please turn it off by selecting “More info” and then “Run anyway”.
If you have run the game before on your computer and it has somehow stopped working properly, remove the folder named “Imagindar” in your Documents folder at:
If that does not work, try to uninstall the game and then install it again.
Experiencing connection problems to your server?
Follow each of these steps until it works:
- Port forward 28765-28767 (UDP) in your firewall/router.
- Turn off the firewall and antivirus programs on your computer. If that works, add the executables/ports needed to those programs and enable them again.
- Make sure you have a static internal IP set on your computer, otherwise the internal IP might change which causes the port forwarding to become invalid.
- Call your ISP and make sure that you have a static public external IP, otherwise the external IP might change which causes connections to fail.
Horrible in-game performance?
Follow each of these steps until it gets better:
- Set Graphics API to Direct3D9 in the options menu.
- Set all options to their minimum values (or turn off completely) one at a time.
- Make sure you are using the correct GPU in your Rendering Device. You can also alter the setting on your computer to always use a specific graphics card, which is especially necessary for computers that has an integrated graphics card it can switch to.
- Turn off all antivirus programs on your computer. If that works, add the executables needed to the antivirus programs and enable them again.
- Make sure that other programs are not using too much CPU or memory (Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager on Windows).