- Drastically optimized the grass creation process on larger maps, removing lagspikes in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused bots on their first spawn to jump forward a tiny bit.
- Fixed a small bug in the particle of the ability Pulse of Nature.
- Completely reworked the tutorial regarding the first practice match.
- The tutorial bot no longer has spawn protection, and it no longer respawns after death.
- The profile screen is now hidden when the tutorial question on the first startup of the game is shown.
- It is now impossible to close the hero screen in the tutorial in certain stages before a task has been completed.
- Reworked the tutorial.
- Summons are no longer affected by AI difficulty.
- Bots now also deal less damage when using a lower AI difficulty.
- The difficulty combobox in the practice match menu now has a tooltip that explains the exact difference of each difficulty level.
- For the Steam version of the game, the player name on startup is now automatically set to the Steam profile name.
- For the Steam version of the game, it attempts to login to the game automatically at startup.
- You can now right-click on the icon of an ability or item to equip/learn them, instead of having to click the "Learn" or "Equip" buttons.
- Altered the Wings accessory to always be the same color as the team color.
- The ability and equipment categories are now reset when entering a new match.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused AI characters to sometimes get stuck near edges of the map.
- Fixed a bug that caused screens to visually fade in and out too fast.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to scroll in UI lists even if they were hidden.
- You can now change the AI difficulty for the practice (singleplayer) mode.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor that caused a crash in some cases when creating custom materials.
- Fixed an oversight in the map editor that made it hard to create custom materials for particles in some cases.
- Added more detail to the particle texture of the ability Continuous Explosion Trap.
- Fixed a shader bug in a few particles that caused them to not correctly get lit.
- Slightly adjusted the footprint texture.
- When in singleplayer, the player list (TAB) screen now shows that in the server name.
- The profile screen now also shows avatar images of you and your friends for the Steam version of the game.
- Country symbols everywhere in the game now has a tooltip of its country as a text.
- The country symbol of the server is now shown in the player list screen.
- Replays in the replay file screen are now loaded much faster than before.
- In the join game server list, there is now more spacing between the text.
- Replays saved from a server had an invalid IP saved for it.
- Fixed a bug that caused server names or descriptions to not be able to contain the "/" symbol.
- The game now looks better on computers with Windows Scaling enabled.
- The installer now installs DirectX for Direct3D9 since Windows 11 no longer has it installed by default.
- Increased the width of the e-mail textbox. Previously, very long e-mail addresses could not fit within the textbox, which made it impossible to log in.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash in a practice match if monsters spawned.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor that caused copied pointlights to not be able to switch to become spotlights.
- The "Only show navmesh" checkbox in the map editor now shows its entire text instead of being cut off in the middle.
- Altered the particle of the map Citadel Fraud to now be affected by physical impulses.
- Fixed a bug that caused physical impulses to slow down the game more than they should have.
- Fixed a bug that caused particles affected by wind elements to sometimes be much weaker or stronger than intended.
- OpenGL is no longer shown in the tooltip for the graphics API option.
- The Advanced Mesh Fade option is now set to None by default.
- Fixed a bug that caused the full list of servers to be sent to a player even though they were no longer requesting it.
- Previously, the launcher always exited when there was an instance of the game/server running. Now, the launcher only exits in that scenario if there actually is an update available.
- The LAN Only option has been renamed to Play Offline. Its tooltip also has a more detailed description now and when trying to join a game without a logged in account it will now also show that the Play Offline option can always enter the join game screen.
- Updated the logo and icon of the game.
- Increased the size of the character names in dynamic movies to make them easier to read.
- Fixed a crash in Direct3D11 regarding the out of range indicator.
- The dynamic movie in tooltips of items and abilities did not have a correct aspect ratio.
- Altered the tooltips of items and abilities to look slightly better by fixing its margins.
- Changed the texture filtering method of the Steam login waiting image to look less pixelated (for the future, since the game is not yet on Steam).
- Fixed a bug that caused the tutorial screen to not function correctly when resizing the game window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the tutorial screen in some situations to keep the text from a Challenge.
- Fixed some minor texts in the options screen regarding recording games.
- Altered the Clairvoyance ability description to also mention that enemies can also be seen on the map screen.
- Added a text to the tutorial about using the mouse to aim.
- Added support for footprints to a specific floor texture (floor14).
- Fixed a potential bug that could in rare circumstances read invalid data from mesh files.
- Fixed a bug that caused the server to output a lot of warning messages in its log file.
- Fixed a bug that caused unloaded materials to keep shaders from being destroyed.
- Added a new feature: Practice.
You can now play singleplayer matches versus bots.
- The ability Summon Skeleton Warrior has now been reworked to have two charges.
- You can now report a player from the player list (TAB) screen, which in turn sends a replay from the game server to us. This makes it easy for us to ban players that violates our terms of service.
- Repeating attacks and abilities are no longer affected by latency. This is done by sending packets to the server before the attack or ability is off cooldown based on the latency.
- A visual effect and sound is now created when a player learns an ability.
- Altered the UI for the hero screen to now also show icons for all categories.
- Altered the UI for the hero screen to now show categories for each individual accessory slot.
- Added a new option: Chat.
This setting can set chat messages to be enabled, disabled or team only.
- Altered the option for Voice Chat.
This setting can now set voice chat to be enabled, disabled or team only.
- The anti-grief system now also takes healing enemies into consideration.
- Altered the particle appearance of the abilities Fire Ball and Ember to look better.
- Altered the particle for spawn protection and the ability Protect to look better.
- It is no longer possible to multi-client the game.
- Textures and meshes for accessories are now dynamically loaded and unloaded on runtime instead of always being loaded. This reduces the startup loading time of the game and helps later when there are many more accessories to choose from.
- The replay file screen now has a new column for Date Modified.
- Fixed a bug that caused the weapons of summons to not trigger a sound when hitting an enemy.
- Added a variable to servers that makes it possible to automatically save replays of players.
- Added an anti-spam system for equipping/unequipping items and accessories.
- Altered the appearance of grass swaying in the wind.
- It is no longer possible to log into the same account from multiple IP addresses.
- Fixed an oversight that made it possible to get unobtainable player names through altering packets before sending them to the server.
- Updated the ban system to also disconnect servers and clients immediately instead of just on the next connection attempt.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters converted to ragdolls on death to teleport the camera a short distance to keep up with the ragdoll.
- Added tooltips to the buttons in the player list (TAB) screen.
- Challenges are now using the same UI system that the tutorial system use.
- The "/smilies" command now shows the smilies in a better format.
- Remade the system to validate Steam logins to be more stable (for the future, since the game is not yet on Steam).
- Game server profiles now support all variables in the UI.
- Fixed a rare bug when watching a replay and clicking to go to a time that could also cause you to view the next character, instead of keep viewing your current character.
- Fixed a bug that caused the tutorial screen to be behind the map screen and the player list screen.
- The tutorial now instead requires W, A, S and D to be pressed to go to the next state, instead of going to the next state when just any one of them were pressed.
- Altered the tutorial ending text.
- Added help text when having to minimize the game in order to get an e-mail verification code. This is shown when creating an account or using the forgot account password.
- When checking Streamer Mode, it now also unchecks Voice Chat and sets Chat to be Disabled.
- Removed the Alien character model.
- When starting the game, it is now required to accept an agreement to ensure compliance with laws such as COPPA.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash in certain situations when resizing the window.
- Fixed a visual bug with a particle texture that was used in various places.
- Altered some abilities descriptions to include more ability weaknesses.
- An error message now appears in the chat when trying to change team in a challenge, tutorial or practice match.
- Fixed a map editor bug that caused the game to crash when using Ctrl+Z after moving a map editor mesh.
- Fixed a bug with the normalmap of a specific floor texture (floor14) that caused it to look incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that caused chat commands to trigger incorrectly in some situations.
- The game has now been renamed to Imagindar, and the website has been completely remade.
- Added a new challenge: Missile Storm.
- The select team menu now shows the keys needed to quick-join a specific team.
- The game launcher will now require the client to close down all instances of the game before it can update.
- Fixed a bug that caused the muzzle flare effect of the ability Sentinel Mechanism to render behind all characters.
- Removed some words from the profanity filter that were unnecessary.
- Remade the startup video of the game.
- Remade the tutorial completely.
First time players will now also get asked if they want to do the tutorial.
- Added more support to streamers through Twitch cheering events that can alter the gameplay.
There is a new button in the option menu for streamer-only settings, where you can also control and test these events.
- Removed some words from the profanity filter that were unnecessary.
- Added an anti-spam system for chat messages, switching team and changing name.
- Added a new option: Show Blood.
It is enabled by default but if it is disabled the game will not show any blood.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Death Recap to sometimes not show the very last damage instance.
- Drastically optimized the growing root effects (such as from the ability Healing Circle) when it was created close to detailed objects, such as walls.
- Changed the sorting method of players in the player list (TAB) screen to first prioritize kills, then damage done, healing done and finally the lower amount of deaths.
- Fixed a bug that caused Steam logins to sometimes fail (for the future, since the game is not yet on Steam).
This was caused by not correctly validating the Steam authentication ticket on the client before they were sent to the login server.
The maximum time to wait to login through Steam has now also been increased.
An error message will show up for the client if the authentication ticket could not be validated through Steam.
- The UI for experience gained when a game session ends is now displayed a bit longer than before.
- Slightly increased the width of the player names text in the player list (TAB) screen.
- The Streamer Mode option now also hides the server and spectator password in your game servers.
It also hides the join game IP address textbox in the join game screen of the client, which makes it even easier to have a private server up for streamers.
Its tooltip has also been updated.
- The anti-grief system can no longer be applied to non-player characters.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to in a certain way to be able to trigger experience and item drops before the end of a game session.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be able to gain experience and item drops when playing in the map editor.
- Altered the in-game button text of "Friends" to "Profile" as it now contains more than just the friend list.
- Fixed an error in the description of the ability Open Wound.
- Fixed a bug that caused one of the smilies to be hidden by the profanity filter.
- Decreased the wind power of the ability Quickness.
- Added level and experience to players.
The level and experience has no effect right now other than showing how long someone has played the game.
You can see your level and experience in the profile screen. You can also see other players level in the in-game player list (TAB) screen.
When a game session ends, experience is added to all players in the server. The amount is different for each player depending on how long the player has been active in the game session.
A new UI now appear at the end of a game session to show the experience gained.
- Fixed a bug that caused objects that faded away to not fade away their shadows.
- Fixed a bug that caused the mesh fade effect to sometimes create particles incorrectly for certain GPU animated objects.
- Each weapon type now also has a unique item property.
Swords now have damage reduction, Axes have slow on hit and Maces have ignore damage reduction on hit.
Magic weapons are unchanged and still have spell power.
These new texts are also much more visible in the description of the weapons.
These new weapon specific properties can also be set in the map editor per monster group.
- You can now see if changes has been made for an individual game server before you join it.
By holding over the new column "Changes", you can now also see the exact changes the selected game server has made.
- Altered the damage reduction of Buckler from 5 up to 10.
- Altered the damage reduction of Large Shield from 12 up to 15.
- Altered the colors of damage texts for Frost and Magical damage to be the same as their description damage color.
- Renamed the ability Eagle Bolt to Conjure Eagle.
- Fixed a bug that caused Titanic Crush to not apply its visual effect when hitting a vehicle.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the Damage Numbers setting in the options menu to sometimes not show its whole text in the UI.
- Game servers will now always be sorted by the amount of players, but will still always show favorited game servers first.
- Fixed a bug that caused favorited game servers to not be sorted first in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the server variables to not be reloaded correctly when removing a variable from a server profile.
- Fixed a bug that caused the anti-grief system to sometimes not reset through death.
- Fixed a bug that caused the weapon of summons to be shown on the death recap screen instead of the summon ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ability Missile Slam to not use an animation or sound.
- Fixed a bug that caused the new single-batch armors to show even if you were invisible.
- Added a new feature: Anti-grief.
- Players can no longer join online games if they are playing as a guest. They can still join LAN games if they have the LAN Only setting enabled in the options menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused frozen ragdolls to have an invalid bounding box, which made them invisible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the distortion particles to not disappear instantly when removing effects such as Silence, Sleep and Stun.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to ban players that joined your server externally when in the same LAN under certain router conditions.
- Added a simple image based lighting model to the game. This affects the appearance of almost all objects in the game and makes the game overall much prettier. The performance hit of this change only lowers FPS by around 1%.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to use the ability Dash while being affected by an immobile effect.
- Fixed many z-fighting issues in the map Tournament Grounds.
- Added a new floor material to the map editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused SSAO to not use aspect ratio, which caused incorrect results.
- Fixed a bug that crashed the game when fast forwarding in a replay when a growing root effect was fading in or out.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect material to be selected in the map editor combobox when clicking on a floor when using a custom material.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom materials in the map editor to not work properly with splatting in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused imported .obj meshes in the map editor to have invalid normals.
- Fixed a bug that caused imported meshes in the map editor that was set to cast shadows to not get textured when loading the map.
- Drastically optimized the performance when moving large meshes in the map editor. A mesh with 20 000 polygons would drag down the FPS to 1 when moving it before, but now the FPS stays at atleast 30.
- Added a new ability: Dash.
- Replaced the default wall texture for one with a better copyright. The new texture can now also be used on floors in the map editor.
Another new texture also changes the appearance of the ability Stone Wall.
- Fixed a bug that caused ability circles to not work correctly with their effect radius.
- Optimized the updating of comboboxes when in the opened state, which increases performance drastically when a combobox has many items visible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cubemap position in the map editor to sometimes render objects that should have been hidden.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cubemap position to sometimes not render the skybox correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the death icon in the player list (TAB) screen to not align correctly with the name.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain particles to create their automatic distortion particle incorrectly, which lead to an improper fade in of their distortion particles.
- Altered the experience and in-combat UI to be aligned perfectly to the corner.
- The Streamer Mode setting for the server now also hides all IP:s of players in the server list.
- The IP of players are now never sent over to other client players. Instead a salted hashed IP is sent over as a unique identifier to be able to mute a player. Also, the country icon is now sent over by the server instead which leaves no purpose for a real IP to be sent to clients anymore.
- Clients/servers getting their external IP from our server would cause a major freezes to occur when not having an internet connection, even when the LAN Only or Private Server settings were enabled. The external IP will now never attempt to be fetched anymore with LAN Only or Private Server enabled.
- Replaced the text "Extern IP" with "External IP" for the server.
- Added a per account cooldown to the login servers e-mail feature.
- Added a new option: Profanity Filter.
This hides profanities written in the chat when enabled.
This setting also gets checked when checking Streamer Mode.
The Profanity Filter is also enabled on the game server if you have Streamer Mode on, but it will display the full messages in the log_server.txt file regardless.
- Player names can no longer contain profanities and certain names are now also forbidden.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a respawn indicator to be triggered on the Challenge Mode when it was not supposed to.
- Fixed a bug that caused camera shake to also apply to the camera of the minimap.
- Added a new ability: Celestial Hammer.
- Added a new ability: Continuous Explosion Trap.
- Added diminishing returns to stun, sleep, immobile, disarm, blind and silence effects. Each time one of these effects are added to a character will make any of the next such effects half duration. This lasts for 20 seconds from the first effect added.
- Lowered the experience cost of the ability Knockout from 150 down to 125.
- Remade the particle for the ability Summon Mastery to look better.
- It is now impossible to apply a disarm effect on a target that is already disarmed.
- Altered the default options of the game when first starting it to use more demanding settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused armors to sometimes visually disappear when used on a ragdoll.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to visually disappear in certain situations even though they should have been rendered on the edge of the screen.
- Trap trigger abilities now only trigger the closest trap, but their cooldown has been greatly reduced.
- Traps are no longer triggered automatically when they die.
- Traps that die now visually fade away faster.
- Remade the lightning particle into an atlas instead to make it look better. This affects the appearance of Weapon Glow: Lightning and the ability Electric Pulse.
- Fixed a bug that caused particles in certain situations to look incorrect the first frame.
- Optimized the updating of particles very slightly.
- Non-blindness type color grading will no longer overwrite color grading from maps.
- Fixed a bug that caused the map in the map editor to not be marked as changed when importing a Color Grading.
- Set the default Color Grading to Colourful.
- Altered the text for Color Grading inside the map editor to fit on the screen correctly.
- Made some minor adjustments in some ability particles to fade in better.
- The ability Plasma Bolt has been reworked completely to be more unique.
- Rendered text in the UI is now much sharper than before on Direct3D (as sharp as on Direct3D11 now).
Also replaced the font in the game with a new one with better licensing.
- Added support for multithreaded compliation of shaders on Direct3D9 and Direct3D11.
When shaders needs to be reloaded, this new feature makes the loading time around half than what it was before.
This is used when starting the game and when changing Shadow Technique or Cloud Shadows in the options menu.
When starting the game and shaders are forced to be reloaded (when you have changed certain settings in the options menu or a new version of the game has been released), that first startup is now 5.7 times faster than before (on an average computer from 27.3 seconds down to 4.8 seconds).
- You can no longer change the resolution in the game to go over the 16:9 aspect ratio limit to see more of the game world.
If you resize the game window or set a resolution over 16:9 or lower than 1:1, the window will use black borders or stretch the content if enabled in the options menu with the new option called Black Borders.
This is so players cannot get an advantage of having screens with higher aspect ratios (such as 21:9), and since 16:9 is the gaming standard as of this moment, that is what this game will have as a maximum.
- Added a new accessory item type that changes the ability used particle called, with a new accessory called "Ability Used: Absorb".
- The tooltip of stackable effects are now combined instead of one line per stack.
- Optimized the physical impulse function drastically. This increases the FPS by a lot when there are many active objects that applies an impulse every frame.
- Switched the input system and window creation system.
With the new input system, you can now type things such as "^^" (which was impossible with the old system).
Key input repeats are now coming from the computer setting instead and a bug was fixed that made it impossible to type some special signs when writing outside of the game window (like "^^").
All key bindings are reset when you first enter the game with this version.
- Particles affected by lighting can now support up to 4 lights (which is plenty for relatively small particle effects) and by the scenes ambient hemisphere lighting.
Previously, they those particles could only be affected by one directional lighting which was faked.
This change applied to particles for these effects or abilities: Cyclone, Kamikaze, Execute, Infected Bolt, Subduct, Tear of Poseidon, Book of Knowledge, Fatigue, Stone Prison, Summons projectile, Blood on hit and Trap 1.
- Reduced the amount of vertex data needed for particles that can receive lighting.
- Adjusted the keybinding text of "Left MB", "Right MB" and "Middle MB" to fit on ability icons better with the new texts "LMB", "RMB" and "MMB".
- Added an effect warning to the ability Curse of Weakness.
- Optimized SSAO significantly. This optimization makes SSAO render much faster when there are more objects on the screen, especially when there are many transparent objects such as particles and other effects.
- Remade the system for the launcher to use hashes of files to know which are different. Previously, only file size and file changed date were used to see changes (which was flawed for many reasons). If you had the game installed before this version, you must uninstall it and download the new version online.
- Added lights on these abilities: Ember, Hail, Paralyzing Bolt, Arcane Bolt, Plasma Bolt and Chloroform Bolt.
- The loading screen now shows a percentage of how far the loading has come when starting the game.
It also shows the exact resources that are being loaded.
The performance or loading time is not affected in any way with this change.
- Upgraded the rendering engine to a later version, which has some minor optimizations.
- Player-specific spray paints are now only sent over to other players if the player has put the spray paint in the documents folder (C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Spellheart\sprayPaint.png). This means that entering a game will be even faster than before if a player do not use a custom spray paint (which was always the case before) and the replay size will be much smaller than before because of this.
- Altering the custom spray paint is now also easier than before since it is now loaded when joining a game instead of loaded only once at startup.
All information regarding this is also shown in a tooltip over the Spray Paint keybinding in the options menu.
- If a custom spray paint is not accepted (too large size for example), an error message is shown in-game with details on how to fix it.
- Added support in the code for a future Steam version (which will be added at a later date) of the game, which includes features such as friend list from Steam, joining a game of a Steam friend, automatic Steam login details, Steam account status, etc.
- Optimized the rendering of smilies and country flag icons in text.
- The maximize status of the window is now saved and loaded.
- If the window is closed on a different monitor, it would be impossible to see or move the window if not using that monitor on the startup of the game. The window is now reset on startup if it detects that this has happened.
- Fixed a bug that cause the loading of the game to be extremely slow when using V-Sync and a high value in the Maximum FPS option.
- Optimized sending over defines (Variables.txt) from the server to the client. This decreases the time it takes for clients to connect to a server.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cube map generated in maps to not render all objects correctly when using Instancing in the options menu.
- Remade the system for footprints that fixed a lot of bugs when it was used in combination with maps that used splatting.
- Optimized the function that attempts to create a footprint.
- Fixed a bug that caused some shaders to be compiled incorrectly and not working on some hardware
- Effect warnings can now be combined instead of one per stack, this can be seen for the ability Plasma Bolt.
- Fixed a bug that caused Color Grading to make the screen completely black on Direct3D11.
- The error message that shows that files cannot be changed by the game now also shows more in detail how to fix it.
- Optimized textboxes in the game when writing or setting text to them that would make the text out of bounds.
- Slightly optimized the painting of splatting, grass and detail normal in the map editor.
- Optimized the loading of maps slightly.
- Removed OpenGL from Graphics API.
On Windows, OpenGL is not as optimized as Direct3D is, and it was also confusing that you could choose to use it on Windows when it was only meant to be used for non-Windows computers.
The OpenGL version was also very old, and its shaders were compiled using CG, which had many flaws (such as it only worked on Nvidia graphic cards).
If there will be a non-Windows build of the game in the future, a new OpenGL version (without CG) or Vulkan will instead always be used for those specific builds.
- Fixed a bug that caused shadows cast by spotlights to sometimes be rendered incorrectly on Direct3D9.
- Fixed a bug that caused textboxes to crash when pasting too much text into them with Ctrl+V.
- Fixed a bug that caused spray paints in Direct3D11 to crash the game if not using Projection in the options menu.
- A loading image is now shown while attempting to log in.
- Fixed a bug that caused the window to be at the top left corner when changing from "Windowed (Fullscreen)" to "Windowed" in the Resolution setting in the option menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused tangents to sometimes be generated incorrectly, which caused meshes to look strange on Direct3D11.
- Fixed a bug that caused grass areas to sometimes not load correctly on Direct3D11.
- Fixed a bug that caused a division by zero error in the map editor when setting a lights Flickering Speed to zero while Flickering Offset was greater than zero.
- When going to a time in a replay, the loading screen now shows a percentage of how far it has come.
- When the loading screen shows a percentage, it now also shows it in the task bar.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Z pre-pass texture (which controls SSAO and Soft Particles) to render incorrectly when using splatting on a mesh in the map editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Advanced Mesh Fade option to not work when using a Shader Quality of Medium.
- Fixed a bug that caused a map to be marked as changed when pressing Environment inside the map editor.
- Removed SSGI since its results in appearance were not good compared to how much performance it used.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor that caused the camera force to reset when moving the Cube Map Position object.
- Custom made spray paints from other players are not shown when using Streamer Mode in the options menu.
- The Variables.txt file is no longer recommended for servers to use, always try to use a server profile instead. This is because if the Variables.txt file is edited, it will be replaced with the latest version each time you start the launcher.
- Optimized the text rendering slightly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash in certain situations when a map did not use a skybox.
- Optimized the rendering of all shaders very slightly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not be able to start up if capability issues in Direct3D9 were discovered and that the user then set to use Direct3D11 instead.
- Lighted particles are now also available from custom materials in the map editor for alpha blending particles (.tga textures).
- Fixed a bug that caused tree stems to not cast shadows on Direct3D11.
- Fixed a bug that caused the GUI cursor to be shown before the loading screen was hidden in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that that caused the FPS Meter (if enabled in options) to sometimes not be shown on the loading screen.
- Set GPU Animation to be on by default.
- Fixed a bug that caused Parallax Projection effects (from Nuclear Sphere, Explosive Charge, Shock Trap, and Titanic Crush) to not be shown when using Direct3D11.
- The startup video of the game is now only shown the first time instead of every time.
- Added a new particle atlas to the game which can be used the map editor (AtlasFireSmoke2).
- Fixed a bug that sometimes crashed the game on startup when using a Shadow Technique of None.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the game to crash when going back in time in a replay.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom materials on particles to be affected by SSAO.
- Fixed a bug that grass could not be altered by undo/redo in the map editor.
- Added a new ability: Brace Projectile.
- Country icons are now displayed in-game on player names.
- Added a new feature: Death Recap.
Clicking on the icon of a kill element (shown in the top-right corner in-game) will now show a recap of the last damage instances leading up to the death of the target killed.
- Added a new feature: Growing Roots.
This can be seen on the ability Healing Circle.
Growing Roots can be turned off by using Medium or below in the Physics option.
- Color Grading (LUT) is now a combobox instead of a checkbox. You can now choose to override the color grading of the game with a set of predefined color gradings that can never be replaced even when set in a map.
This also enables correction of color blindness for Protanope, Tritanope and Deuteranope.
Specific GUI elements such as team colors also reflect the LUT being used, though all other GUI will be left unchanged.
- The number of stacks are now shown on these buffs/debuffs (but only if they have more than 1 stack): Powershift Cluster Headache Flame Shock Death Bolt Angel Touch Healing over time effects (such as Healing Seeds) Damage over time effects (such as from Ember/Fire Ball/Meteor/Fire Enchant)
- You can now unassign key bindings by pressing Esc.
There is a text that describes this in the key binding screen. Abilities that are unassigned are now hidden.
- Added a Master Volume slider to the options menu. It controls music and effect volume at the same time.
- Added a Background FPS slider to the options menu. It limits the FPS when the game window is not focused.
- Grass is now affected by characters moving through it.
- The options menu now gets invisible while holding shift. This can help to see the effect of changes when you alter options, as the option menu is often in the way of the game world.
- Added a new particle emitter: Nearest Mesh.
It targets the nearest floor/background mesh and emits particles from it.
This particle emitter also exists in the map editor particle template.
- Added a new particle affector: Wind.
Particles with this affector are affected by physical impulses.
Added a new map named "Village Arena (Fog)" that uses a combination of this affector and the new particle emitter "Nearest Mesh" to create a map-wide physical fog.
- Added a new particle affector: Velocity Decreaser.
It also exists in the default particle template in the map editor.
- Added a new type of particle on the ability Cluster Headache.
- Altered some shaders to use a rim light. This can be seen on all characters and on some other specific objects.
- Added a "Open Directory" button to the map editor when you load a map. Also, when switching back to the game again, the map list will automatically refresh itself.
- Optimized the sending of network packets of the game client, game server, login server and lobby server.
- Optimized the raycasting of these features: Decals, Lightning Effect Emitters, Spraypaints and Growing Root Emitters.
- Optimized triangle raycasting (by 4-10 times faster depending on the size of the map) which is used in many different places of the game (cursor 3D targeting, creating objects such as projectiles, Teleport, etc).
This makes the FPS slightly higher.
- Optimized the rendering of the minimap and map screen drastically. The rendering would previously typically use around 200 batches, now it always only uses 2 batches to render.
- The ability Healing Circle now lasts for 5 seconds instead of 3 and heals for 10 health per second instead of 15.
- Altered particles for the following abilties to look better: Pulse of Nature, Quick Heal, Heal and Healing Circle.
- Altered the temporary grass effect to be more clear for the abilities Pulse of Nature and Healing Circle.
- The temporary grass effect from the ability Healing Circle is now removed when using the ability Dispel Environment on it.
- Altered the model named "star0".
- Added 4 new floor materials to be able to be used in the map editor.
- Altered the floor material on two maps (Cannibal Outcast and Lost Temple).
- Completely remade the IP to Country database creation system since software77.net has been shut down.
- Changed the AI to be able to use the ability Kamikaze.
- Altered the health of the ability Memorizing Crystal from 25 up to 35.
- Fixed a bug that caused projectiles to hit the last character between two server updates instead of the first character.
- Fixed a bug that caused a few particles to disappear before they had completely faded away.
- Fixed a bug in the payment system that made it unable to know which region an item was bought for, which made the item sometimes not able to be added to the account. Since the payment system is not currently active, this has not affected anyone.
- Disabled all regions except for Europe, since all other regions was connecting to the Europe server right now anyway.
More regions can be enabled very easily later if needed.
- Fixed a bug which made the time left of buffs/debuffs to be shown incorrect when it had multiple instances active.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor that caused particles to sometimes not follow the cast shadows value they had.
- Fixed a bug that caused materials that used specific culling modes to sometimes not (or partly) show up in the depth buffer.
- Fixed a bug that caused some distortion particles to be rendered incorrectly or not at all for some abilities (like Ice Spikes hit particle).
- Fixed a bug that caused node trail effects to disappear instantly on death (node trails are used in the abilities Quickness, Healing Seeds, Powershift and Brace Projectile).
- Fixed a bug that caused the muzzle flare from the ability Sentinel Mechanism to crash the game in Direct3D11.
- Fixed a bug that caused the muzzle flare from the ability Sentinel Mechanism to affect and get affected by SSAO.
- Fixed a bug that caused the command "/removebot" to sometimes kick a player. The command now also works in single-player.
- Fixed a bug that in some situations caused grass to emit the wind sound forever, instead of dissipating after a short period.
- Fixed a bug that caused reloading the list of replays, list of map editor maps and map editor particles to be reloaded not only when getting focus of the game window, but also when losing focus of it, which was unnecessary.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the wrong map to be selected when reloading the list of map editor maps when getting focus on the game window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the damage text to sometimes show incorrect numbers when the value were less than 3.
- Fixed a bug that caused spraypaints on walls to be almost completely cut off.
- Fixed some minor inconsistencies in the GUI of the options menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused too long player names to offset the mute and view buttons far outside of the "..." suffix of the player name text.
- Altered the Player List screen to be able to use much longer player names.
- Added an option to control the minimum FPS.
It dynamically sets the resolution to try to keep a certain minimum FPS.
This option is only effective if the bottleneck is the rendering.
- Optimized the fluid by not updating it if it is not on the screen.
- Added new armors:
Chain Mail Armor
- Remade the system for armors. They now render much faster than before, twice the FPS when 20 characters on the screen are using armors.
- Fixed a bug that caused armors to show incorrectly when an effect such as invisibility, stone skin, frozen or scorched was active on a character while having GPU animation on.
- Fixed a bug that caused servers to have higher latency when no players were connected.
This behaviour was somewhat correct because of an optimization that made servers take less CPU when no players were connected, but this fix makes it update its network manager at all times to get a correct latency.
- Altered the whisper system to make sure whispers arrives to the target before showing it on the screen as sent.
- Fixed a bug with the new network system that made it impossible to logout of your account in certain situations.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using a Texture Resolution in the options menu of lower than High.
- Remade the network system completely towards the login and lobby servers.
They can now support around 16000 connections at a time per region (up from 4000).
- Added support for future per-region login and lobby servers for the game server. All regions currently goes to the same one.
- Latency of players are now shown in the server.
- Latency of servers are now shown in the join game screen. You can also see the country of servers by holding over the latency.
- Lowered the amount of data sent to the login and lobby servers.
- Added support for future per-region login and lobby servers for the client. All regions currently goes to the same one.
- Updated the IP to country function, it was sometimes incorrect.
- Added support for players to be able alter the color of the Wings accessory.
- Added a visual indicator on a respawn point when a character is about to respawn.
- Locked cosmetic items are now only shown in "Library" in the start of the game and no longer in-game.
- Added support for custom map objects in the map editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused text timers to have at most 99 minutes on them.
- Fixed a bug with the map editor .obj importer that caused it to get incorrect UV coordinates.
- Added basic support for purchasing cosmetic items in the future, though this will not be used at the moment.
- The forum is now working properly again.
- Added Streamer Mode to the options menu.
- Added physics to the wings when using a Physics option of Low or greater.
- Added wings to the game.
This can be seen in the ability Angel Touch and in a new unlockable accessory.
- Added a new material effect to invisible characters.
- Altered the material effect of Stone Skin to look better.
- Fixed a bug that caused material effects on the character to make the character look strange when using GPU animation.
- Fixed a bug that caused some temporary particles to not move to ragdolls on death as intended in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused GPU animations to stop working with certain shaders in Direct3D11.
- The flag in a capture the flag match was placed incorrectly on the new player model.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI characters to sometimes appear under the ground when pushing each other.
- Altered the Discord invite link in the start menu to be permanent instead of expiring.
- Fixed a bug that caused water in the map editor to behave incorrectly on floor meshes.
- Added a new ability: Magical Barricade.
- Added a new feature: Parallax decals.
This can be seen on the abilities Explosive Charge, Shock Trap, Nuclear Sphere and Titanic Crush.
- Added a new feature: Temporary grass.
This can be seen on the abilities Pulse of Nature, Cleanse, Heal, Healing Bolt, Healing Circle and Quick Heal.
- Added an additional new particle when using an ability.
- The "get hit" animation now starts earlier which makes it look more natural.
- Altered the node trail effect of the Quickness ability.
- Added a node trail effect to the Healing Seeds ability.
- Implemented a smooth camera that is used in the map editor and in replays.
You can toggle capslock to use the old precise camera instead.
- Fixed a bug that caused instanced geometry to not receive lighting correctly.
- Altered a few decal textures to be more circular instead of square.
- Optimized the rendering of decals slightly.
- Fixed a bug that caused decals using projections to be displayed too dark in scenes using the new lighting system.
- Fixed a bug that caused map sounds in challenge modes to be heard when first entering even if they were far away.
- Fixed a bug that caused frozen ragdolls to not behave correctly with their physics.
- Fixed a bug that caused lighting to not be calculated correctly on some objects because of their normal maps.
- Altered the collision of cloaks for the new player model.
- Fixed a crash that caused Eagle Bolt to crash the game when going over the maximum number of ragdolls in the options menu.
- Optimized the creation of accessories which reduce load times into a game and when equipping an accessory.
- Fixed a bug that caused the light from Clairvoyance to behave incorrectly with the new player model.
- Added links to Discord, YouTube and the website of Spellheart to the in-game start menu.
- Added a new player model that is used by default with much better animations than the other models.
- Added a new ability: Darkness.
- Added a new ability: Missile Slam.
- Remade the shadow calculations in the game to no longer use a shadow color, but instead not cast light at shadowed points, which makes the lighting look a bit more realistic.
This also makes it possible to have multiple shadows, which can now be altered in the options menu.
This change does not alter performance at all if you have the default of 1 shadow texture.
This can be seen in the ability Clairvoyance, Nuclear Sphere and for the lamp map object.
You can now also enable shadow casting on spotlights in the map editor.
- Altered the ambient light to instead be upper and lower hemisphere ambient lights.
This can be seen in all maps and can be set in the map editor.
- Added a new feature that makes it possible for all particles in the game to cast shadows.
This can be seen on the abilities Meteor and Cyclone.
You can also enable shadows for particles in the map editor.
- Added a new particle type that can follow a path.
This can be seen in the ability Tempest, Protective Spirit, Iron Maiden, Curse of Weakness, Vampiric Aura, Fire Mastery, Frost Mastery, Healing Mastery and Vigor.
These particles can also be used in the map editor.
- Removed a couple of particle textures that were not that useful.
- Altered particles to look better on the ability Healing Seeds, Tempest, Protective Spirit, Vampiric Aura, Vigor, Iron Maiden, Curse of Weakness, Cleanse, Purge, Theft, Fire Mastery, Frost Mastery and Healing Mastery.
- Altered the particles for generic Stun, Sleep and Silence effects.
- Altered the parallax shader to look better. This can be seen on all floor materials in the game.
You can now also set the parallax values for custom materials in the map editor.
- Added a new floor material to the map editor.
- A progress screen is shown when reloading shaders because of changing something in the option menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused rendering of soft particles to not work in some cases.
- Added an optimization feature to servers to not update as often when there are no players connected.
- Optimized the rendering of grass slightly.
- Optimized text that can have smilies on them to be rendered much faster (the chat for example).
- You now also count as out-of-combat when you are dead or have spawn protection on you.
- Optimized the startup loading time of the game dramatically after the first startup.
- Altered the player in-game messages to look a bit different. This also enables players coloring the text, like this:
- Optimized the pathfinding algorithm dramatically.
- Optimized the AI dramatically.
- AI characters now collide against each other to avoid them grouping up.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs regarding custom materials in the map editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused the precise camera rotation to behave incorrectly around degree zero.
- Fixed a minor bug in the map editor that caused half-transparent objects to sometimes trigger the Mesh Fade effect.
- Set a different color grading (LUT in the map editor) to the map Ancestral Ruin.
- Fixed a bug regarding shaders for Direct3D11 which increased the FPS by around 47%.
- Fixed a couple of crash bugs for Direct3D11.
- Fixed a bug in the in-game web browser that caused the mouse wheel to sometimes stop working.
- When a client crash happens, replays now get the information needed for us developers to solve the crash.
- Optimized the Mesh Fade option to be around 4 times faster than before and take slightly less memory.
- The Mesh Fade option can now use another type of fade.
The new mesh fade option is dynamically coloring the particles of the effect instead of having a predefined color.
The color is defined by the actual color in the mesh that it fades away.
- Altered the Mesh Fade particle to look better.
- Added an option to control the color of the mesh fade.
Though this does not work with an Advanced Mesh Fade quality of High, since that setting sets the color dynamically.
- Altered the grass of the game to look better by making its area edges create smaller grass straws.
- Replaced the default grass material.
You can now also choose a number of different grass materials in the map editor.
- Added a new particle type that can cast shadows.
This can be seen in the ability Bloodlust.
These particles can also be used in the map editor.
- Added a tip to finish challenge modes by writing "help" in the chat while doing one.
A message about this comes up after the first death in a challenge mode.
- Altered the ban function to be able to temporary ban players.
Previous format was "/ban TARGET" while new format is "/ban SECONDS TARGET". The ban is permanent if SECONDS is 0.
Temporary bans (if SECONDS is greater than 0) will count down until they have expired. Temporary bans get cleaned when the server closes.
- Changed the text of the "Skip" button in the login screen to "Login as Guest" and altered its size and color.
- Added a new setting in the options menu to see damage and healing numbers in-game. Disabled by default.
- Two-handed attack animations will now be used when not having a shield equipped.
- You can no longer equip/unequip items while in-combat. An in-combat indicator is shown in the bottom left in-game screen.
An error message is shown near the cursor when trying to equip an item in combat.
- Weapon and shield meshes have now been visually reduced in size.
- Added a new particle type that can be animated at a high speed using an atlas texture.
This can be seen in the ability Meteor.
These particles can also be used in the map editor.
- Added a new decal type that can be animated at a high speed using an atlas texture.
This can be seen in the abilities Meteor and Living Explosion.
- You can now rotate the camera with the mouse while holding a key (default is Middle Mouse Button).
While holding another button (default is Left Alt), the rotation is precise and only moves in perfect steps of 22.5 degrees.
These keybindings can be altered in the options menu.
- The server now supports having more than one server up at a time per computer.
Profiles were added for easier use of different servers. You can now also change the port of the server.
- Fixed a bug with the Mesh Reduction option that made it impossible to change it in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that made constraints of ragdolls to be incorrect. They are now created on binding pose instead of the current pose.
- Weapon glow now looks better when having the Soft Particles option enabled.
- Added a new setting in the options menu to limit the maximum amount of character ragdolls in-game.
- Altered some particles to fade in better.
- Fixed a bug with the e-mail server that caused many e-mails to never arrive.
- Optimized the rendering of weapons slightly.
- Optimized the creation of armors which reduce load times into a game and when equipping an armor.
- Fixed a dangerous bug in the launcher of the game that could potentially remove files outside of the game when updating.
This only happened if it was manually moved somewhere else before it was launched.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that sometimes crashed the game.
- Added new functions to the start game.
Left clicking with the mouse while holding Shift and Control fills the scene with cubes.
Right clicking with the mouse while holding Shift and Control removes all cubes from the scene.
- Added an option to the option menu to disable GUI lighting.
- Fixed a bug that crashed the game when using Theft on someone who had a transform effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused the light from the ability Clairvoyance to behave incorrectly in certain angles.
- Added a new affector for particle effects in the map editor: Swirl.
- Added a new feature: Instancing. You can turn this on in the options menu.
- Added a new feature: Color Grading (LUT). This feature can be altered in the map editor. You can turn this off in the options menu.
- Added a new feature: Mesh Fading. You can turn this on in the options menu.
- Drastically optimized the speed of rendering grass and liquids.
- Drastically optimized the speed of rendering animated objects when using GPU Animation in the options menu in combination with techniques that require a depth buffer such as SSAO, SSGI or Soft Particles.
- Added a new walking sound when a character is bigger than usual, which can be heard in the abilities Summon Robot and Bloodlust.
- Grass will now show less aliasing on Shader Quality High.
- SSAO and SSGI now works correctly with fog.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain shaders to behave strangely with shadows and other depth buffers.
- Added shader caches. This makes the game start up quicker after starting it the first time (about 4 times faster).
- Added a new visual feature: Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI). You can turn this on in the options menu.
- Changed the system for SSAO to not be visible through effects such as particles. This fix is also made for SSGI.
- Added some more floor materials to be able to be used in the map editor.
- Added a new feature: God Rays. This can be seen in the ability "Nuclear Sphere". You can turn this off in the options menu.
- Added a new map object that can have cloth physics. This can be seen in many maps. You can also use these map objects in the map editor.
- Added a new feature that makes it possible to have certain collisions on particles with physical objects. You can see this in the ability "Ice Wind".
- Added a new feature: Spherical Billboards. This can be seen in the ability "Knockout Gas". You can also add particles with this feature in the map editor.
- Added a new feature to the map editor that makes it possible to add lights.
- New visual feature: Cubemaps. You can enable it by having Shader Quality at High.
- New visual feature: Foam added to water near edges of other objects dynamically.
- Added support for a new particle type, which can be seen on the ability "Dispel Environment".
- New start video with a system that does not require a codec.
- Adjusted the fog shader for a more correct look.
- Altered the window to still be updated even if it does not have focus.
- Added a new type of particle to the map editor that follows the camera. This particle type can be seen in the map Citadel Fraud.
- Optimized the grass feature to increase the FPS slightly.
- Fixed a visual bug with soft particles when a distortion effect was active in OpenGL.
- Fixed a visual bug with grass in OpenGL.
- Solved a timing issue regarding traps.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor that caused maps to have duplicate objects in some situations.
- Altered some map editor specific objects to be more visible when fog is active.
- When entering and leaving a game, the IP of the player is no longer shown.
- Muting and unmuting a player in-game no longer saves the IP into the options file.
- Multiple minor bugs fixed.
- Altered the borders for the GUI to look better.
- Added basic support for Direct3D11. You can turn this on in the options menu.
- Upgraded the game to 64-bit, which allows much higher memory for the game.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to press the "Ready" button when warming up in a new game.
- Altered the GUI to fade in and out in a different way.
- Soft Particles now correctly works on OpenGL.
- Updated the rendering engine core to a newer version, which made it possible to add Direct3D11.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the map editor regarding custom materials.
- Added buffs and debuffs to be visible on the screen in-game. You can now also remove a buff by right-clicking on it.
- You can now resize the game window to any resolution.
- The GUI system now works perfectly on arbitrary screen resolutions.
- Taskbar flashing now also works on Windows 10.
- Fixed a couple of crash bugs.
- Remade the core timer system for the game.
This improves performance and will make the game smoother than before.
- Added a new feature: Soft Particles. This can be enabled in the options menu.
- The maximum amount of lights in the options menu has been altered from 6 up to 20.
- Altered the GUI to look better on 16:9 resolutions.
- Added a new ability: Tear of Poseidon.
- Added a new feature: Grass with physics.
This can be seen in the map Village Arena.
You can also paint grass in the map editor for your own maps.
- Added a new visual effect: Node Trail. This effect can be seen on the ability "Quickness".
- Altered the visual effect of the ability "Thorns" to look better.
- Holding down the keybinding to see the map (default "M") will no longer be triggered when searching for something in the hero screen.
- Added more visual effects when using a melee ability.
- Added a map screen that shows the entire map when you hold down M.
You can change the key in the keybindings screen.
- Added a new weapon glow accessory: Ethereal.
- Altered the appearance of the ability Force Field on Shader Quality Medium or higher.
- Altered the player meshes to be a part of the distortion shader to remove incorrect distortion depth.
- Fixed a bug that caused footprints to calculate the closest lights incorrectly, causing them to sometimes look wierd.
- Fixed the normalmap of some textures and the detail normals in the map editor.
- Fixed a crash bug regarding reloading of particles in the map editor.
- Altered the SSAO shader to look better with plants and trees.
- Remade the colour picker feature to be better.
- Optimized the SSAO shader to significantly increase the FPS when enabled.
- Fixed a bug with the bloom shader that caused the screen to move a few pixels to the bottom right.
- Fixed a bug that caused the free camera in replays and in the map editor to rotate, even if you did not move the cursor.
- Fixed a bug in Direct3D9 with the GUI which sometimes caused visual artifacts.
- Fixed a bug that caused the login server to sometimes not send the verification code.
- Fixed a bug that caused meshes to disappear in some situations.
- Added an import collision mesh feature to the map editor.
- Optimized the loading of maps to load a bit faster than before.
- Optimized a core function for a minor FPS gain.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from opening the patch notes when inside the map editor.
- Altered the shadow shaders to look more similar on Direct3D9 and OpenGL.
- Added a waterfall particle and sound to the "Village Arena" map to show what is possible with the new features in the map editor.
- Lights now fade out when you move away from them.
- Optimized some core functions for a minor FPS gain.
- Fixed a bug that caused footprints to behave strange.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added a new feature to the map editor: Particles.
You can now place and edit particles in the map editor.
Custom materials can be set on particles, which allow you to import your own particle textures.
- Added a new feature to the map editor: Sounds.
You can now place sounds in the map editor.
You can also import your own sounds.
- Added a new feature to the options menu: GPU Animation.
When enabled, this feature may significantly improve performance.
- Fixed a bug with trees in the game that caused them to sometimes cull their leaves.
- Fixed a bug that caused ragdolls to use invalid normals, which caused them to look strange.
- Changed the free camera rotation to be using the relative mouse position instead of the absolute mouse position.
This makes the free camera rotation to be acting the same on different screen resolutions.
Also fixed a bug that caused the free camera rotation to behave strange on lower FPS.
- Changed the pipe to become a trap.
- Added a new feature: Liquids.
This can be see in a new object (pipe) that has been added to the maps "Citadel Fraud" and "Tournament Grounds".
You can also place the pipe when in the map editor.
Liquids can be turned off in the options menu.
- Added Damage Done and Healing Done to the player list screen (TAB).
- Fixed a bug that caused some floor meshes to cull spotlights in certain angles.
- Fixed a bug that caused the dynamic movie Cloud Shadows to mimic the in-game Cloud Shadows.
- Added a spotlight when using the Clairvoyance ability.
- Altered the Ice Spikes ability to have a bigger hit decal.
- Added a new feature: Show out of range. When you are trying to use an ability and it is out of range, a visual indicator shows up.
This can be turned off in the options menu.
- Changed the abilities Knockout Gas, Book of Knowledge and Fatigue to create a projectile, which in turn creates the ability circle when it has reached its destination.
- Altered the core of the sound system to be able to identify copies of the same sound, and skip loading of sounds that are copies.
This change makes the game load faster and take less memory.
- Changed the slow duration of the ability Hamstring from 5 seconds down to 3.
- Altered the dynamic movie of the ability Execute.
- Changed the abilities Inferno, Tempest and Healing Circle to create a projectile, which in turn creates the ability circle when it has reached its destination.
- Pressing Up Arrow to go through history messages in the chat now also contains the last message you sent from the last time you shut down the game.
- Added a new feature to the map editor: Detail normal.
This feature can be used on splatting materials, which results in having another normal map stretched over an entire mesh.
- Added a new feature to the map editor: Brushes.
You can now use other kind of brushes in the map editor for painting splatting and detail normal.
Making your own brushes is also possible (by pressing "Paint Brush" and then "Import...").
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) now works in the map editor for painting splatting and detail normal.
- Added a clean history button in the map editor since the history might take several hundred megabytes in some cases.
- Altered the Ice Spike ability to look much better.
- Added two new types of abilities:
Charges: Some abilities comes with a specific amount of charges that are recharged over time.
Chains: Some abilities are built up of several abilities, for example, one ability puts down a bomb and the other triggers it.
- Added a new ability: Stone Skin.
This ability uses the charge ability type.
- Altered the Explosive Charge and Shock Trap abilities to use the chain ability type.
- Changed most summoning abilities to create a projectile, which in turn creates the summon when it has reached its destination.
- Fixed the mesh fade out effects of the abilities Book of Knowledge and Eagle Bolt.
- Optimized the screen that shows information about an ability/equipment when hovering over it.
- Changed the curve math behind artillery projectiles, which give better results.
- Added a new feature: Leaf wind sound.
When vegitation is affected by wind, a leaf wind sound will be played.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on startup.
- Optimized the leaf wind sound to not always be playing.
- Added a material editor to the map editor. This makes it possible to import textures and use them on meshes.
- Made it possible in the map editor to set whether or not specific meshes can cast shadows.
- You can now copy meshes in the map editor.
- You can now translate and rotate a mesh without having to select its vertices in the map editor.
- Made meshes much faster to translate and delete in the map editor.
- Altered the favorite server button to look better.
- Added favorite servers to the join game screen and to the player list screen (TAB).
- The resolution setting in options now also show aspect ratios.
- Fixed a bug that caused artifacts with the new shadow technique after changing it in options.
- Fixed a bug that caused the new shadow technique to not show up in dynamic movies.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters in dynamic movies to sometimes look in an invalid direction on startup.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using SSAO with splatting materials.
- Implemented a new shadow technique: Depth shadows.
This will enable automatically when using a Shader Quality of above Low.
This shadow technique enables self shadowing, has better results and renders much faster than the old one.
You can also enable soft shadows in the options menu with this new shadow technique at the cost of performance.
- Footprints now also work on splatting floor meshes.
- Fixed a rare visual bug with splatting meshes.
- Driving a vehicle now counts to active seconds to be able to unlock items.
- Altered the server and the client to never send or receive potentially dangerous files.
- Removed the relative start .exe file which were causing some problems.
If you had the game installed before this patch, be sure to uninstall and then reinstall the game again to get a correct shortcut to your desktop.
You do not need to uninstall and reinstall the game if you manually change your shortcut to the game to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spellheart\Game\SpellheartLauncher\Release\SpellheartLauncher.exe.
- When filling edges with objects in the map editor, the undo/redo action is now for all the objects at once, instead of one undo/redo action per object created.
- Optimized the splatting feature, making it extremely much faster to render.
- Splatting now looks better on lower texture filtering setting.
- Added support to switch between Direct3D9 and OpenGL in the options menu.
- Fixed navmesh errors which previously could make AI characters get stuck.
- Added support for splatting textures in the map editor. With this feature you can blend between ground textures easily and be able to create things such as roads.
- Fixed some graphical artifacts when using low texture resolution in the options menu.
- Fixed the web browser to support 32-bit systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to show up at incorrect positions when walking over vegetation. This fix also improves performance with vegetation.
- Abilities will now show their current cooldown when exiting and then entering a server again.
- Added a new Capture the Flag map: Citadel Fraud.
- Fixed a bug with some abilities such as Body Switch and Time Warp when sitting in a vehicle.
- Added a fill walkable edges button to the map editor, which fills all walkable edges with specific objects with a density and a random offset.
By selecting walls, they will surround the whole map and ignore density.
- Added checkboxes for mirror x and mirror z when painting floor in the map editor.
- Optimized all current minimap meshes and minimap meshes automatically created by the map editor.
- Altered the death effect of the dune buggy.
- Optimized the dune buggy model.
- Optimized some particle effects.
- Added a new feature: Vehicles. This can be seen in a new ability named Summon Dune Buggy.
- Fixed a crash bug in the map editor when using duplicate (Ctrl+C).
- Optimized the network manager to decrease CPU and memory consumption for the client and the server.
- Fixed a bug that made players on the same IP (LAN) switch characters when both exited a game and then entered the same game again in a specific order.
- Added a log for the server that is saved in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\Spellheart.
- Upgraded the random number generator in the client and the server to a faster one with higher quality. This will not alter gameplay, as random numbers are never used in abilities or weapons.
- Characters killed by fire now has a visual effect that it is scorched.
- Fixed a bug that made physical objects appear on incorrect positions. This also fixes some stuttering issues with ragdolls.
- When in a replay, the first character that enters sets the startup camera rotation.
- Summons startup direction is now in the direction of the summoner.
- Optimized lightning effects, which are used in these abilities: Death Bolt, Powershift, Demonic Force, Infected Bolt, Blinding Flash, Nuclear Sphere, Silence and Memorizing Crystal.
- Added most map editor key bindings to the options menu.
- Fixed sorting issues when using silhouettes.
- Altered the web browser to use specific cursor icons instead of the OS cursors which could not be used correctly in fullscreen.
- Pressing Escape while in the start main menu will bring you back to the login screen instead of exiting the game. Pressing Escape while in the login screen will exit the game instead of skipping the login.
- Fixed sorting issues between decals and footprints.
- Fixed sorting issues between different projections.
- Fixed skeleton errors in a few meshes.
- Added a new feature: Character silhouettes. This feature makes characters visible even if they are behind an obstacle.
Can be turned on in the options menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused ground clutter to slow down the game after being affected by a physical impulse.
- Optimized the ground clutter meshes.
- Added a new feature: Cloaks.
A cloak can be equipped as an accessory, but will only be shown when the Physics setting is High.
- Optimized the paper model that is used as a soft body from the ability Book of Knowledge. The aero code for the paper has also been remade for better physical results.
- Altered the parallax map on the grass floor texture to look better.
- Added a new feature: Tooltips.
Tooltips can be seen in the options menu.
- Changed the description colour for abilities in the hero for all fire damage, frost damage, physical damage, magical damage and heal abilities.
- Updated the IP to country list, which shows the countries of connected players.
- Optimized most particle effects. This increases FPS significantly when many particle effects are visible.
- Implemented a new feature: In-game web browsers.
Web browsers can be opened by pressing Ctrl + T. This can be changed in the keybindings screen.
By sending links over the chat, you can now press those links to open it in the web browser.
The web browser can be moved and resized like a normal window.
- Optimized the chat screen.
Previously the game was slowed down when displaying a lot of long chat messages.
- You can now search for servers in the join game screen instead of always getting the whole server list.
- Added a new feature: Server passwords.
Passworded servers are also shown in the join game screen as being password protected.
- Fixed the texture resolution setting to work again.
- Fixed a bug that caused the first frame of a distortion effect to use the highest shader quality instead of the currently chosen one.
- Added the Attack keybinding in the hero screen for easier access.
- Altered the description of all summoning abilities to include their time to live.
- Fixed a major crash in the map editor.
- Fixed some minor errors in a few shaders.
- Altered the experience cost of the ability Teleport from 100 up to 125.
- Altered the experience cost of the ability Theft from 50 up to 100.
- Added new abilities: Memorizing Crystal and Execute.
- Fixed a bug that caused the e-mail server to not send e-mails in some situations.
- Altered the sounds for these abilities: Geist Strike, Disarming Strike, Titanic Crush and Hamstring.
- Altered the core of the lobby server and the login server to change their theoretical peer limit from 4 095 up to 16 777 215.
- Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Redo (Ctrl+Y) now works in the map editor for most parts.
- The flag in Capture the flag mode now use an animation instead of being static.
- Fixed a crash bug in the server when picking up a flag while there is at least one spectator in the game.
- Fixed a bug where the cursor was not shown when coming from spectator mode to the start menu.
- You can now whisper to accounts by using "/w ACCOUNT". To reply to the last whisper you received, you can type "/r " in the chat.
You can also ignore whispers from an account by using "/ignore ACCOUNT" and to unignore use "/unignore ACCOUNT".
These features can also be done from the friend list.
You need to be logged in for these features to work.
- You can now also use "/w NAME" in-game to whisper players.
- Replaced the message log with a better chat. You can now scroll in the chat to see old messages.
There are also two new buttons in the chat that can go to the first message and the last message.
It is now also possible to chat when you have not yet joined a game.
- Remade the lobby server and login server to support more connections.
- Replaced the brightness function with a gamma function in the options menu.
- The self-cast key can no longer trigger abilities.
This removes any self-cast target abilities with one button.
- Added a new option to disable environment physical objects. By turning it down, your FPS may increase significantly.
- Altered the experience cost of the ability Essence Shift from 200 down to 125.
Changed it to do nothing if the target has more than 75% health.
- Added a new map: "Sarabian Night". All assets from the map are also added to the map editor.
- Footprints are made when walking over sand.
- Fixed a bug that caused ragdolls to fly in an incorrect direction when hit by a projectile.
- Altered the fog to look better on low linear values.
- Altered the cloud shadow effect to look better. It can now also be disabled in the options.
- The cloud shadow effect is now enabled on most default maps.
- Added new features to the game and to the map editor:
Cloud shadow effect
- Added an optional login system to the game.
When logged in, you can unlock items to your account by playing. These items do not make you better in-game in any way.
A friend list is also available when logged in.
- Remade the core of the entire GUI system of the game.
This increases the FPS drastically when much GUI is visible (like in the hero screen).
Specifically, the rendering of the GUI is now around 80 times faster and also reduces the memory of the game by around 23%.
- Added new abilities: Essence Shift, Explosive Charge, Shock Trap and Sentinel Mechanism.
- Added new commands for admins: /kick TARGET, /ban TARGET, /removeban TARGET, /addbot and /removebot.
- Added more accessories:
- Optimized the game for larger maps. This increases the FPS by around 15% on maps such as Village Arena.
- Added a mute button on the player list (TAB) screen.
- There is just one cursor in the game now instead of one in-game cursor and one GUI cursor.
- Speedhack detection has been added to the server. Clients detected with speedhack are kicked automatically. Other hacks are meaningless to detect since everything apart from movement is server-side.
- Added a nice fade effect on higher lighting quality which can be seen when equipping items, when dropping items, when a character is dead and on the GUI.
- Added a new feature: Map Editor.
You can create new maps to use in your server which are automatically downloaded for clients that connect.
- Remade the generic sound that is played when using an ability.
- Altered the appearance of the ability Powershift.
- Remade the accept and cancel GUI button icons.
- Fixed many bugs.
- Added a lot of core functionalities and remade several systems. This will not be noticeable right now, but will be used more in the future.
- When a new game starts, there is a warm-up phase in which players can get ready with abilities and fight each other until the real match begins.
Players can also start the game earlier if everyone presses a ready button in this phase.
- Changed the name of the ability Circle Of Ice to Tempest.
- Changed the name of the ability Circle Of Fatigue to Fatigue.
- Added some special distortion effects to these abilities:
- Added support for a new GUI object: Combobox.
This has replaced several sliders that were in the options menu.
- Altered the distortion effect to never go through walls and other objects.
- Added a new admin command to change to a specific map more easily: /map NAME.
- Adjusted the appearance of the slider GUI object.
- Remade the core for the navigation mesh which solves some bugs.
- Changed the name of the ability Ice Protection to Frost Protection.
- Solved a minor bug with particle systems that could in specific situations make them look wierd.
- Changed the second team model to a new one: Reptile.
- Added a feature that when killed by frost, there is a chance that the ragdoll becomes frozen.
When killed by fire, there is a chance the ragdoll becomes on fire.
- Added support for explosion debris which can be seen in these abilities:
- Added support for dark lights. This can be seen in the ability Meteor.
- Altered these abilities to look better:
- Added ragdoll to the ability Eagle Bolt.
- Altered the start game explosion to look better.
- Added a fade in time to every decal in the game for a smoother transition.
- Remade the camera shake system. It now supports an arbitrary amount of sources.
- Added a new game mode: Capture the flag.
- Added a new map with the new game mode: Lost Temple.
- Added a player ban system for the server.
- Added challenge modes (single player) for players to learn the game easier.
- Added movies that are played when you hover over an ability or item in the hero manager and in the cube game.
- Added a new ability: Knockout Gas.
- Added a library button in the main menu where you can see all abilities and items.
- The server now displays the time left of the map currently playing.
- Fixed a bug that caused windowed fullscreen mode to sometimes get an incorrect size.
- Remade the code for the tutorial, fixing a crash bug. You can now also play the tutorial at the same time as you host a server.
- Added new abilities: Chloroform Bolt, Disarming Strike, Decoy, Cyclone, Stone Prison and Subduct.
- Cast range per ability has been implemented. Before there was a constant that was used for all abilities.
- Added a new ability: Constitution.
- The ability Hide now also cleanses the user, removing all detrimental effects.
- The ability Angel Touch will not be triggered unless the damage is greater than or equal to 5.
- Added a new ability: Silence.
- Altered the effectiveness of the ability Curse of Weakness from 50% down to 30%.
- Altered the ability Living Explosion from the maximum damage of 25 down to 20.
- Remade the abilities Frost Shock and Flame Shock to not be pure damage abilities.
- Added some new weapons:
Wand, Scepter, Rune Sword and Staff.
These new weapons increase the damage and healing of abilities, but at the price of much lower weapon damage.
- Added some new abilities: Fire Enchant, Frost Enchant and Magic Enchant.
- Holding Left-Shift now makes all target and world target abilities to be self cast. This key can be changed in the options menu.
- Added a new accessory: Wizard Hat.
- All abilities now show their weakness in their description.
- Added a new feature: Effect Warnings.
On a character that is the target of specific abilities, for example the ability Imprison, a small UI is shown until the effect ends.
- Updated the physics system to support ropes. Hanging lamps in some maps show this function.
- Altered the default game mode to now also have a score limit instead of just a time limit. This can be disabled in the server.
- Altered the pathfinding of the AI to chase players more easily than before.
- Added new abilities: Time Warp, Ember and Hail.
- The abilities Fire Protection and Ice Protection have been altered.
Ice Protection now also makes you immune to any slow or knockback effects from frost abilities.
Fire Protection now also makes you immune to any DOT effects from fire abilities.
- When using multiple monitors, the cursor can no longer go to another screen while playing in fullscreen.
- Added support for Swedish unicode keys for text and key bindings in the game. You can now chat with these keys.
- Added support for voice chat.
- Added two new maps, "Cannibal Outcast" and "Ancestral Ruin".
- Added support for map traps. This can be seen in the two new maps.
- Replaced the models of almost all items.
- Key bindings of abilities can now be seen on the in game screen instead of just in the hero manager.
- Updated the icons of around half of the abilities.
- Larger sound files will now be streamed. This optimizes the memory of the game significantly.
- Optimized all network traffic by using compression before sending packages. This also makes the replay files smaller.
- Implemented a distortion shader, this can be seen above torches and on many abilities.
- New startup video.
- Bots use the ability Teleport a bit different now, they will now never teleport directly inside of someone.
- Added and altered a lot of other minor things.
- Made the launcher more flexible, no more patches. Instead, it just downloads the latest changed files. If you had the game installed before this, you need to uninstall and install it again for it to work.
- Altered the system for weapon trails, they now look much better.
- Spray paints maximum size in kb increased from 100 to 150.
- Fixed a bug with the server window regarding the saved position of it.
- Only one instance of the launcher can now be running.
- Altered the GUI shader a bit.
- Changed the ability Iron Maiden to add a kill for the caster of the ability instead of the user it was cast on.
- Events in the server now also display time.
- Icons were not correctly getting alpha on higher lighting settings.
- Kill elements will now be faded out more slowly.
- The camera shake effect will now stop even though the game is paused.
- Changed the particle effects for summoning abilities.
- Fixed a rare crash bug that occurred with accessories.
- Circle Of Ice experience cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Altered some maps to look better.
- Fixed a minor bug with the select team menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused passive abilities to have no effect in some specific cases.
- The camera now rotates around the character when a map is changing.
- All previous versions have been merged together, resetting this version to the first. If you had the game installed before this, you need to uninstall and install it again for it to work.
- Fixed a minor bug with SSAO.
- Fixed a minor bug with the pathfinding of the AI.
- Remade the weapon trail system.
- Fixed a bug that caused slow computers to fail to connect to servers properly.
- Lightning effects will now be controlled by the Particle Quality.
If you suffer from FPS drop from abilities such as "Demonic Force" or "Nuclear Sphere", lowering the Particle Quality will increase your performance.
- Fixed a bug with the server that caused players to not be able to reconnect when they had lost their connection to the server.
- The server now saves the window position.
- You can no longer see team chat messages if you are on the team selection screen.
- The particle effect of the ability "Powershift" has been changed.
- Balanced the abilities "Titanic Crush" and "Summon Skeleton Healer".
- Changed the categories of some abilities.
- Changed the categories of some abilities.
- Changed the categories of many abilities.
- Added more categories for abilities.
- Added categories for abilities and equipment.
- Made a chain to equip items, this makes it faster and easier.
- Abilities are now sorted by name.
- Added a hint text on the search textbox in the hero manager.
- Changed the description of the ability "Plasma Bolt" to show the correct damage.
- Altered the Join Game screen a bit.
- Fixed a major bug that caused nothing to happen with these abilities:
- Remade the sounds for these abilities:
Pulse of Nature
- Hosted games can now more easily alter lights per projectile with Variables.rwn.
- Fixed a minor bug regarding the chat.
- The chat is now in team chat from the start.
- Remade all item icons.
- The GUI of the details of abilities and items is now a bit smoother.
- Added a new feature: Weapon Glow. These can be selected from the hero manager.
- Fixed a minor bug with some particle effects.
- Added a new feature that enable players to control their projectiles in certain ways.
- Added a new ability: Plasma Bolt.
- Added a new ability: Curve Projectiles.
- Added a new ability: Nuclear Sphere.
- Altered the ability "Transform" to allow it to be targeted by enemies/AI when the user is not standing still.
- Fixed a bug that caused effects on players to last after death.
- Balanced some abilities:
Vampiric Aura, effectiveness down to 25% from 35%.
Blinding Flash, duration down to 3 from 5.
- All previous versions have been merged together, resetting this version to the first. If you had the game installed before this, you need to uninstall and install it again for it to work.
- Added two new maps: "Dino Island" and "Forest Of Death".
- Partial physics have been added to some static objects. This can be seen in the map "Dino Island" and "Forest Of Death".
- Added a new feature: Breakable physical objects. This can be seen in the map "Tomb Of Darkness" and "Forest Of Death".
- A new feature in the chat has been made: Smilies.
Changed the "/help" text to include smilies as well.
- Added support for wind on abilities that affect physical objects.
This can currently be seen in these abilities:
Fire Ball, Healing Bolt, Frost Bolt, Arcane Bolt, Death Bolt, Eagle Bolt, Paralyzing Bolt, Infected Bolt, Meteor, Protect, Quickness, Fire Protection, Ice Protection, Thorns.
- Added support for impulse on physical objects with cones. This can be seen on the ability "Ice Wind" and also when attacking with a weapon.
- Added a new ability: Imprison.
- Added a new ability: Blinding Flash.
- Added a new ability: Summon Raptor.
The raptor mesh can also be used by a team if changed in Variables.rwn, and can of course equip items like any other character.
- Added a new ability: Infected Bolt.
- Added a new ability: Transform.
- Added a new ability: Clairvoyance.
- Added a new ability: Clairvoyance.
- Added a new ability: Summon Skeleton Mage.
- Added a new ability: Summon Skeleton Healer.
- Removed the ability "Dispel" and added sub abilities of that one instead:
- The ability "Dispel Environment" no longer kill summons.
- Remade the ability "Electric Pulse" since it was never used.
- Remade the ability "Summon Skeleton" since it was never used.
- Added two new character effects: Blind and Immobile.
These can be seen in the ability "Imprison" and "Blinding Flash".
- A ranged AI has been added, it now kites the enemy instead of going into melee.
- The AI is now much smarter with shooting projectiles. It will aim correctly on moving targets, avoid shooting at friendly targets and only shoot when in line of sight of the target.
- The AI will now flee from enemies that have spawn protection (or other similar effects) instead of attacking them.
- A new option has been added in the option screen: Number of lights.
- A new option has been added in the option screen: Brightness.
- All taunts have been remade.
Changed the "/help" text to include the taunts as well.
- The launcher has been completely remade to avoid .NET.
- Changed the message log to have the messages in reversed order.
- Added support for flickering lights, which can be seen on torches on all maps.
- Added a ground clutter percentage slider in the option menu.
- Optimized the core on how to show/hide objects, which improves performance on complex maps.
This also makes it possible to see the entire map in freecam mode.
- Optimized the 3D picking code of the cursor, which improves performance on complex maps.
- Optimized the server alot, which improves performance of other applications (such as the game client).
- Remade the the calculations for the specular component of the shaders.
- Changed the loading screen to fade out correctly.
- Rebalanced the monster maps to spawn significantly less in the start of the game.
- The water of the game has been completely reconstructed as it was causing several issues.
- Added support for summons and monsters that allows them to have armors and shields.
This can be seen on the ability "Summon Robot" as it now has lowered health but alot more damage reduction from its new armor.
Also solved a minor bug regarding the robot character model and it's shield orientation.
- Added more advanced texture filtering techniques to the option menu.
- Altered the GUI shader to make it a little nicer.
- Remade the textures for the GUI cursor, the loading (spinning), the buttons, the ability circles and the target circle (when targeting a character with the cursor).
- You can now stop a replay if it is fast forwarding by pressing Space or Escape.
- Mesh scales can now also be applied per team in Variables.rwn and not just for monsters/summons.
- Updated the shadow quality without losing any performance.
- Optimized the option menu, it would sometimes get stuck for half a second before showing itself.
- Remade the particle effects for the abilities Angel touch, Quickness, Bloodlust, Cluster headache and Powershift.
- A crash on multiple monitors has been fixed.
- Changed the GUI shader a to show the specularity more clearly on darker textures.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to get stuck on level objects after a knockback effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused ragdolls to not be coloured correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused ragdolls with armors to decrease performance drastically.
- Fixed a bug that made physical objects take alot of CPU in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that made characters respawn where they were killed if they had force before they died (from abilities such as "Ice Wind").
- Fixed a bug that characters would not hit each other in melee if they were standing on the exact same position.
- Fixed a bug with the AI that would make it get stuck to some level objects.
- Fixed a minor bug in the replay system. If a replay started with a dead character, that character is now correctly displayed as dead instead of standing up.
- Fixed a bug regarding the Bloom effect and the GUI.
- Chat messages are now correctly in front of the hero manager and behind the message log and the hero information screen.
- The tutorial now works correctly when not in fullscreen mode.
- Teabag now works properly again.
- The cursor will now be hidden after a few seconds when spectating (exactly as it works when watching a replay).
- Changed the AI difficulty a bit. Now servers can also adjust it even more in Variables.rwn.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the map "Tournament Grounds".
- Fixed a bug regarding SSAO and different lighting settings.
- Fixed a minor bug regarding the shadows in the start game.
- A minor bug with accessories has been fixed.
- Fixed a minor detail regarding the GUI fade with higher lighting setting.
- Fixed a major crash bug when trying to exit the game after the window had lost its focus.
- Fixed a minor bug with the search textbox filtering of items in the hero screen.
- Fixed a crash bug regarding the player list in replays.
- Attenuation of lights now can also be changed in real-time by using Variables.rwn.
- Particle quality has been altered to support a more specific percentage.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to crash when joining a game in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that made the client crash when switching map with bots.
- Fixed a minor issue with the cubes in the start game.
- In the select team screen, the characters are now facing a different direction than before.
- Changed the names of some of the maps.
- Maps in the server are now sorted by their name.
- Fixed a bug with the message log that caused the scroll viewer to not appear.
- Fixed a bug regarding the rotation of cursor targets.
- Fixed a minor bug with the core timer of the game.
- Fixed a minor bug with the AI.
- Fixed some spelling issues in the tutorial.
- Remade the core of the GUI system, it now support shaders on higher lighting quality.
- Many ability icons has been remade.
- Many sounds of abilities has been remade.
- Changed the loading screen when going forward/backward in a replay. Also changed the replay manager so it renders while loading.
- The poly count has been increased for the skeleton mesh.
- Increased the maximum Mesh Reduction % value in options.
- Changed the particle effect of the explosion in the minigame.
- Added a "Open Variables" button in the server that opens the Variables.rwn file.
- Fixed the name of some abilities in Variables.rwn.
- Fixed alot of bugs with the change resolution system.
- You can now go out and back to the game freely when you are in a loading screen.
- Fixed a bug with the refraction effect.
- In the replay file screen, new replays now also display the map name.
- Altered the listviews of the replay file screen and the join game screen to be a bit nicer.
- Changed the server client to be able to control the update rate of the server. Now also displays the update rate at all times.
- Remade the floor texture in the map "Tournament Grounds".
- If experienced players are tired of pressing "Join" in the select team menu, you can now press "1" to join team 1, and "2" to join team 2.
- Fixed a minor bug regarding the GUI system that did not allow you to go to the previous screen.
- Corrected the Variables.rwn file to use the correct name of the ability "Geist Strike".
- Made it easier to see what kind of items fits where in the hero manager. For example, if you hover your mouse over a weapon, it will display the type of the weapon in the top-left corner of the popup. If you hover over an accessory, it will also display the slot it uses.
- Made it easier in the hero manager to search for different item types. For example, "shield" shows all shields, and "accessory" shows all accessories. You can now for example also search for "two-hand" or "one-hand" to filter the weapons.
- Remade the armor system and remade the item "Plate Armor".
- Remade the floor texture in the map "Tournament Grounds".
- Other minor fixes.
- All previous versions have been merged together, resetting this version to the first. If you had the game installed before this, you need to uninstall and install it again for it to work.
- Added a new feature: Accessories. Accessories can be equipped from the hero manager.
- Added a new admin/server command: "/next", that forces the server to go to the next map. Also updated the "/help" command.
- In the replay file manager, the replays now also display the game version.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to sometimes get stuck.
- Fixed a bug that made Refraction effects to not appear.
- Abilities that add force to a character, like "Demonic Force" and "Ice Wind", now also works versus summons/monsters/bots.
- Remade the particle effects of the ability "Fire Ball".
- Added a new feature: Lightning Effects.
This can be seen in these abilities:
- The particle effects for the ability "Death Bolt" has been remade.
- Changed the resource system to drastically decrease loading times after the first match.
- Fixed an uncommon bug that caused players in multiplayer to get stuck in the attack animation when using an ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused replays to load extremely slowly when going backwards in time.
- Fixed a minor bug regarding the orientation of the spray paints.
- Updated the particle effects for spawn protection and for the ability "Teleport".
- Updated the text on "/help" in the chat.
- Fixed a minor issue regarding the rendering distance of characters.
- Fixed the sound of the ability "Knockout". It caused a minor bug as its format was wrong.
- Fixed a major crash bug regarding some physical objects on lower physical level setting.
- Fixed a major crash bug regarding the ability "Stone Wall".
- Removed the "Design Idea" button.
- Remade the system that handles game versions.
- The ability "Theft" now works correctly.
- The start video has been updated.
- Also made some other minor adjustments.
- Altered the physical meshes of weapons and shields to make them act more natural.
The friction of these objects has also been changed to a more proper value.
- Minor update of the launcher.
- Characters will now also be able to collide with dynamic physical objects.
- Upgraded the AI to be better. Builds are now also taken from Variables.rwn instead of being in the code.
- Fixed a minor bug with the cursor.
- Fixed a minor bug that allowed you to drop weapons when unequipping them even when you were dead.
- Speeded up the loading process of levels, previously all resources were loaded, now only necessary resources for the level are loaded.
- Made it so the decal mesh is now generated automatically instead of using a pre-made one.
- Made it so the minimap is now generated automatically instead of using a pre-made one.
- Removed the navmesh for the AI, it will now use the same navmesh as the player does, but it will still avoid obstacles.
- Added support for Windowed mode and Windowed (Fullscreen) mode.
This can be changed in the options of the game, by the slider "Resolution".
If you use Windowed mode, it will remember the position and size of the window to the next time you start the game.
Mouse speed in options were removed at it was not necessary anymore, as the default cursor speed is now used instead.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Added support for "wall" abilities, this can be seen in a new ability:
- When you search abilities for "Summon" you will now only see summon creature abilities.
- Dispel Environment no longer remove effects on characters, though it still removes invisibility from them.
- Remade many sounds and textures.
- Remade the start video of the game.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- In some rare scenarios the player could move outside of the navigation mesh, which could cause an exception on the server.
This issue has now been fixed.
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
- Fixed a bug that caused emotes to not be shown when writing in team chat.
- Fixed a minor error in the hero manager.
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from the same external IP (from a shared internet connection) to join the same game.
- Added win/lose/tie scenarios in the end of a match.
- Experience will now be visible even outside of the hero manager.
- Team score and map time will now be visible even outside of the TAB screen.
- Items that are unequipped will now drop to the ground instead of just instantly disappearing.
- Removed dynamic cubemapping support from the ability "Summon Robot" as it caused problems all the time.
- Patch notes can now also be seen in-game.
- The launcher now display download speed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the experience added to be delayed.
- Fixed a bug regarding the water in the map "Tournament Grounds".
- Other minor bugs and fixes.
- Added support for artillery abilities, which can be seen in three new abilities:
- Added support for invisibility, which can be seen in two new abilities:
- Weapon classes have been created.
Previously there were only swords and one axe, but now there are swords, axes and maces. All created as such:
Fast speed, Low damage
Medium speed, Medium damage
Slow speed, High damage
Very slow speed, Very high damage, 2-handed
Also rebalanced some of the weapons.
- Rebuilt all levels. Also updated the navigation mesh so that AI characters no longer walk through walls.
- Optimized the render targets to only render when their object is close by. The game will be running much faster than before with water effects, Summon Robot and refraction effects (seen in for example Fire Ball).
- Fixed some major memory leaks.
- Tough skeletons now also use Titanic Crush.
- Casual camera movement to have a little more dynamic camera even when standing still.
- The particle effect when using abilities have been changed.
- Removed dynamic class names as they were confusing and that the system was not perfect. Might be added later on again.
- A new kind of curve has been created that allows artillery abilities to be slow in the start and fast near the end.
- All particle effects for getting hit by a specific type of damage has been remade.
- Light colours can now also be changed in real-time.
- Scale can be set to all summons and monster.
- The abilities "Fire Protection" and "Ice Protection" now works properly again. Also, their particle effects have been updated.
- Added a "LAN Only" checkbox in the options menu in order to get more optimized if you do not play online.
- Altered the name/health bar location to change it's location when the character is scaled.
- Solved alot of minor bugs.
- Added shadows for static geometry.
- Removed stencil shadow support as they were ugly, and that they caused problems all the time.
- You will now see a 3D model for each team on the select team menu.
- A few bugs have been solved.
- A minor error has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented clients to join a server from the lobby.
- The background music files have been replaced.
- The server has a maximum players option now.
- The starting screen will now be a bit nicer, giving the player an opportunity for a fun mini-game:
Left mouse button on empty area: Create cube.
Right mouse button on empty area: Create an explosion.
Left mouse button on a cube: Move cube.
Middle mouse button on a cube: Remove cube.
Right mouse button on a cube: Remove cube and create an explosion.
Mouse over a cube shows it's ability information.
- There is now a different model for each team.
- A message log screen has been added.
- Physical objects will now be able to be affected by abilities, such as Kamikaze, Living Explosion, Fire Ball, and many more.
- Physical objects now use sounds as they collide with other objects.
- Added a mesh reduction slider in the option menu. If you experience low FPS with many characters on the screen, try using this option.
- Added a refraction shader. This effect can be seen on the explosion in the starting screen and on some abilities:
- Added support for post-processing effects. These shaders has been added and can be turned on in the options menu:
- Spray paints have been added. By default it is used by pressing Space, (can be changed in the key bindings screen) which creates an image in the world at the cursor position. The image can be changed by the player and it will be shown correctly to other players in a multiplayer game.
It can be found in:
All decals now also have better results than before.
- Added a new feature: Smart GUI Cursor. This option can be turned on in the options menu.
- Added a new ability: Summon Robot.
- Added support for dynamic cubemapping. This can be seen in the ability "Summon Robot"
- Added a new ability: Book of Knowledge.
- Added support for soft bodies as physical objects. This can be seen in the ability "Book of Knowledge"
- Changed reflection quality in the options menu to RTT (render to texture) reduction instead, this works for various features in the game instead of just for the water effects.
- Added a new effect: Temporary scales. This feature can be seen in these abilities:
Curse of Weakness
- Changed the core code of textboxes. Textboxes now have support for selecting text, copy/cut commands, cursor selecting and many more functions that would seem as standard.
- Added a design idea button in the start screen to explain the idea of the game.
- Added a patch notes button in the start screen.
- Changed the model of the ability "Reflective Barrier".
- Fixed a bug that caused particle system to be rendered for a few seconds after they have been removed. This will increase FPS in situations with many heavy particle systems.
- Fixed a bug with some physical objects. Previously they had really poor physical structure, which could make them behave strangely.
- Fixed a bug that caused the character to face the wrong direction for one frame, when pressing the WASD keys too quickly.
- Fixed a bug when changing screen resolution that caused text objects to look wierd.
- External IP address on the server now works again. Instead of using whatismyip.com, it is now using the homepage of Realm to get the IP.
- Fixed many other minor bugs.
- A tutorial has been added.
- A "Host Game" button has been added that minimizes the game and opens the dedicated server.
- "/help" will now show the player all available commands in the chat.
- The dedicated server can no longer be created more than once per computer (as the game does not support it).
- Experience is now added based on how far long the map has come instead of how long a player has been in the game. A player who joins the game later will have gained exactly as much experience as a player who has been in the game from its start.
- Bugs fixed that caused clients to lose connection upon joining a game.
- Crashfixes related to monsters/summons have been fixed, alot of optimizations have also been made to them.
- Melee abilities are now working as intended. Before this fix, faster weapons, such as the dagger, triggered the global cooldown when using melee abilities.
- Dramatically improved the replay file screen's performance.
- Bots can now be manipulated from the server to join just one team instead of auto balancing the teams.
- In the tab screen (where kills/deaths and score is shown), an image has been added for each player to know whether or not the player is dead.
- The animation mechanics for using an ability has been changed, previously it could fail to visualize the animation in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that caused players in a game not to wear armor/auras for a newly joined player.
- By pressing up/down in the chat, old messages that has been sent will be recovered.
- A bit more decals, specifically for:
Pulse of Nature
- Changed and/or optimized the following particle effects:
Healing Seeds Tick
Circle of Ice
Circle of Fatigue
- In the replay screen, to load replays in the list view is extremely much faster now.
- Replays are now put in the recycle bin if they are deleted from the game.
- The beginning of commands are done:
TARGET could always be replaced by "all" instead of a specific name
"/damage TARGET AMOUNT TYPE", for example: "/damage Robin 10 fire" or "/damage Robin 10 heal"
"/kill TARGET", for example: "/kill Robin"
"/givexp TARGET AMOUNT, for example: "/givexp Robin 1000"
- Texture shadows now works (stencil shadows were the only option before).